I'm making this a shorter post since we are having tech issues at our house this week...during the first week of cyber schooling for our tenth grader. So not fun.
Since school has started, and tomorrow is the first day of September, I am eager to start decorating for fall. I know many of you can relate. However, I'm making myself wait until after Labor Day to put anything out. That hasn't stopped me from making purchases, however, and there are also plans to create a fall craft this weekend as well.
I found all of the items in the picture at Kohl's, Michael's, and Dollar General for under $100. These will be supplemented with items from our farmhouse attic and all kinds of stuff found in nature (lots of pinecones, acorns, and apples here.)
So from the top left and moving clockwise, this is what I found:
1. Plaid fabric tablerunner from Dollar General, $6.
2. Wooden wick candle (it's supposed to crackle when lit) from Kohl's, $23.
3. Metal basket (to be filled with nature's bounty) from Kohl's, $15.
4. Brown candlesticks from Michael's, $4.19 for 2.
5. Metal leaf design candle wrap (not sure what exactly these are called) from Kohl's, $6.
6. Kitchen towels (2) from Kohl's, $5.59.
7. Wooden Fall in Love sign from Michael's, $7.
8. Bathroom hand towel from Kohl's, $6.
9. Baking cups (for my traditional pumpkin choc chip muffins) from Michael's, $2.
And in the center are the materials for my craft project, totalling $13 from Michael's. It's Pinterest-inspired, but I'm branching out on my own a bit with it, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll share it with you either way.