This evening's post is a random list of little things going on here this week.
1. We got a surprise a few days ago when our goat Feta gave birth to twins: Fontina and Manchego. After losing two of our older goats in the past month, these babies were such a pleasant surprise.
2. We've been picking up our grandson and hanging with him one day each week. He is definitely a bright spot in our gray winter days.
3. We had more ice and snow here this week, which gave the kiddos another 2 hr. delay. As you can see, the snow hit the upper mountain ridges while the valleys got the ice.
4. I realize I'm coming late to the game here, but my husband got a trial Amazon Prime membership, which means Downton Abbey is available to us for free. Oh my gosh, I can't believe we went all these years without watching this. It is now the favorite evening drama show of every big person in this house.
5. After coughs, fevers, and sore throats last week, we have now moved on to a stomach virus. So far two of our little ones have been camped out on the loveseat next to "the Bucket." Yuck.
6. This actually feels like a big thing because the carpenters finished our kitchen renovation yesterday! I'll post no more pictures of this though until the new Amish-made corner hutch has been delivered, and I've put everything back together again. But I am so happy with this fresh, bright room.
7. I'm sure you noticed that my blog has a slightly different look. I wanted to make more room for the pictures, and there will be plenty more of those coming next week! I hope this change is easier for you readers to view and not quite as "busy." I'd love to hear what you think.