Last month I read a blog post by Ashley at The Big White Farmhouse blog where she made a list of 20 simple things she loves about her life. I thought that was a wonderful way to start the new year, and it inspired me to do the same. I decided to wait to post mine near Valentine's Day since that seemed fitting, so here is the list I came up with:
1. That first cup of steaming flavored coffee in my favorite mug when I come downstairs at 6 AM.
2. Holding and petting our 2 Maine cooncats.
3. Spending hours browsing in a library or bookstore.
4. Attending concerts and shows with my husband.
5. Sitting in my new kitchen as the sun streams through the windows.
6. The smell of homemade bread baking in the oven.
7. Seeing several "Comments Awaiting Moderation" in my blog inbox after publishing a post.
8. Sitting down to blog when the house is quiet and I have no interruptions.
9. Playing board games as a family on long winter nights.
10. The feel of a baby in my arms.
11. The smell of crisp sheets after they've hung on the clothesline on a sunny day.
12. Walking through the woods with my camera.
13. Filling a pew at church when grandparents and adult children come to visit.
14. Trying out a new dinner recipe while sipping a glass of wine.
15. Feeling the breeze off the mountain blow through our kitchen screen doors on a summer evening.
16. The sound of water flowing in the brook beside our house.
17. My afternoon cup of homemade mocha with nutmeg and cinnamon on my way to the school.
18. Watching goat kids and lambs frolic in the pastures.
19. Licking raw cookie dough off the beaters.
20. One big snowfall each winter with all of us at home for a snow day.
This list just scratches the surface. Those of you who read this blog know that each season and holiday brings another unique collection of photographs of the things I love most about life. Focusing on those things and the positive in every person and situation I encounter is one of my goals for this year.
So what about you? What would be on your list of 20 things you love?